Warehouse Technician Position Available
Materials Handling Pty Ltd is seeking a Workshop/Warehouse Technician to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with trade experience in fabrication/logistics/warehouse/stores, and who wants to join a leading company in materials handling, lifting and safety solutions.
In this role, the successful applicant will be welcomed into an all-inclusive and supportive working environment. They will receive relevant product training, a competitive salary, and join a nationally recognised company that has been a leader in materials handling equipment for over 40-years. We are looking for a driven individual, who has a proven track record in workshop/warehouse procedures and product assembly/distribution.
- Some knowledge of manual handling equipment, warehousing equipment, and OH&S equipment required.
- Able to work independently, with minimal instruction or supervision.
- High attention to detail is required.
- Able to make decisions based on sound judgement and strong ethics.
- Effective resource management skills required.
- A fast learner, who can effectively retain and apply product knowledge.
- Great customer service skills, especially with key stakeholders, customers, and suppliers.
- Ensure suitable and safe activities within the warehouse, and the warehouse facilities are kept organised and maintained (inside and outside).
- Undertake weekly warehouse inspections and complete relevant safety paperwork.
- Follow and enforce safe working instructions when operating warehouse plant and equipment.
- Manage warehouse plant and equipment and ensure it is maintained in good repair and relevant checks have been completed.
- Enforce the PPE of staff and visitors when personnel enter the warehouse or delivery areas.
- Manage goods inwards and outwards receipts and procedures, including delivering and ordering.
- Keep goods and products organised, manage store locations and complete stock check on products.
- Assemble & Package goods ready to send to customers, organising freight and postage requirements.
- Maintain safety emergency equipment, ensure hazardous substances are checked and secured, and general and other tasks related to our Safety Management System.
- Participate in inspections, installations, testing and audits.
- Understand warehouse management procedures.
Experience and Required Skills:
- Has experience in materials handling equipment assembly/testing.
- Has experience working as a store person or within the logistics industry.
- Has experience with cutting steel, manual work and manual handling, as well as goods inwards and outwards receipt.
- Forklift and EWP licence.
- Other relevant licences for work in high-risk activities.
- Knowledge of materials handling equipment will be highly regarded.
- Strong communication skills, with excellent customer service.
- Basic windows-based computer operation skills, MS office suite.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a brief cover letter (no more than one page addressing the Experience and Required Skills, which make you suitable for this position). Any application without a cover letter will not be accepted. The position is from Monday to Friday, with free parking on site. Immediate start is available.
Applications close Friday, 4 June 2021, COB.
We are always on the lookout for enthusiastic and skilled workers!
Do you have experience in Sales, Project Management or Engineering and fancy a change of scene? Well, you’ve come to the right spot. Here at Materials Handling Pty Ltd, we have an extremely passionate and dedicated team, who are proactive when providing solutions to customers. Despite being based in Brisbane, our sales department spans nationwide. We offer great employment opportunities, a flexible working environment and great team barbecues!
If you’re interested in working for us, please apply!
We’d love to learn more about you if you’re a Project Manager, Sales Representative or even a Materials Handling Specialist. While employment opportunities are subject to availability, we accept resumes and save on file for when they do arise. So drop us an email and say hi!