Drum Safety Vents and Bung Locks+ Add to Quote Request
Safety drum vents facilitate safe waste solvent disposal whilst offering protection. Utilising the automatic pressure and vacuum relief the valve provides emergency pressure venting in the event of a fire to avoid drum failure and catastrophic consequences. All safety drum vents automatically relieve pressure between 30 to 55kPa (3 and 8 psi) and include a flame arrester to absorb and safely dissipate heat.
A valve within the vent is tested to allow 1 litre of water through a 9.5 mm (3/8 inch) pipe nipple in less than 6 seconds for vacuum relief during drum dispensing operations. This permits smooth liquid flow and prevents the possible drum collapse and leakage. The vacuum relief is automatic on vertically-installed vents and manual on horizontally-installed vents.
Safety Drum Vents and Fill Vents
Prevent dangerous drum failure while storing flammables—relieve pressure build-up due to heat
• Vents automatically relieve pressure between 3 and 8 psi (30 to 55 kPa) and include a flame arrester
• Vacuum relief during sudden cooling or liquid drain-off
• Valve within the vent is tested to allow 61 cubic inch (1 L) of water through a .375-in (9.5-mm) pipe nipple in less than 6 seconds for vacuum relief during drum dispensing operations
• Vacuum relief is automatic on vertically-installed vents and manual on horizontally-installed vents
Drum vent with Aerosolv® filter
• For vertically-stored drums and has the same protection features of auto venting, auto vacuum relief, and a flame arrester as found in our traditional safety vents—with the addition of a replaceable filter to control fugitive emissions
• Brass body with an activated carbon filter adsorbs vapors and captures VOCs. Use replacement filters when filter reaches full capacity, or odors are present (approximately 90-120 days).
Safety fill vents and funnels
• For vertically-stored drums
• Brass vent provides automatic pressure and vacuum relief
• Model 08204 includes a brass cap with safety chain tethered to the vent to prevent misplacement or loss
• Model 08211 includes a 9-in (229-mm) wide polyethylene funnel to facilitate solvent waste disposal and reduce spillage
• Six-in (152-mm) flame arrester safely dissipates heat and prevents flashback from external ignition sources